Tuesday, December 13, 2016

»CHRISTMAS TIME«


Christmas time. 
Happiness all around. 
Baking. 
Yummy smells. 
Sitting in the dim light of the tree. {oh, how lovely!}
A time for giving. 
A time of reuniting. 
A time for bundling up. {For only a short while if you live in Florida}
Wearing fun socks, sweaters and leg warmers. 
Hot cocoa. 
Bright reds & dark greens. 
Christmas music. 
And more!
I just can't help loving this time of year!

One of my favorite memories as a kid;
The day after Thanksgiving;
My sister and I turn the Christmas music on, {nice and loud}
Christmas lights get brought out. 
They get strung up. 
All the other lights in our bedroom are off. 
And we'd play card games. 
The temperature outside was dropping low. 
The house felt cozier and cozier. 

Oh, how I miss those days!
I miss that cold, cold weather. 
I miss the  completely bare trees. 
The bundling up for months. 

Christmas in Florida just isn't the same. 
It's still so warm,
There's still blooming flowers,
So much green on the trees. 
It doesn't seem right to me. 

Even still, 
I know and remember the real important thing about this season. 

Celebrating the birth of Christ Jesus. 

Even though with growing up came many changes. 
That will always be the same. 

Some things never change. 

Have a super awesome Christmas, everyone!❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment